Corrugated plastic sheets are becoming more and more popular these days. People use them as the material of choice for advertising signs, covers over indoor and outdoor lighting, roofing, packaging and even crafts. There are a lot of uses for corrugated plastic sheets and that is why so many people prefer to use it over aluminum, vinyl and Plexiglas.
Below you will see some of the benefits of corrugated plastic sheets. It does not matter if these are clear corrugated plastic sheets or bright blue ones, they all work the same. Just know that corrugated plastic sheets are cheaper than all other materials that would do the same job.
Benefits of Corrugated Plastic Sheets
- Thermal Insulator – One of the benefits that many people like about corrugated plastic sheets is that they help insulate things. This could be used to insulate a building and even a sign. Just know that insulation is rather expensive, so the more you can use plastic sheets, the better.
- Easy To Mold – Being that the material is plastic, you can easily cut it to the size and shape that you need. This is something that you cannot do very easily with fiberglass sheets, aluminum and other materials like that.
Corrugated plastic sheets are used for many things because people cannot find anything better to use. For instance, if you are putting up a wall and you want to protect the surface of other walls, then covering it with corrugated plastic sheets will keep it safe. On the other hand if you want to insulate your garage you can use corrugated plastic sheets to line the outer walls in order to keep the heat in.
Installation Tips for Corrugated Plastic Sheets
1. Tape Down – The best way to install corrugated plastic sheets is to tape them down. Even if you plan on installing corrugated plastic roofing sheets, they should be taped down as opposed to nailing them. The reason for this is to keep the materials structure intact. A lot of people would prefer to not use tape as it can be a pain; however, it works the best for this type of project.
2. Never Penetrate Sheet – When you are using these plastic sheets you need to avoid penetrating the material. If you need to cut it, do it but never poke holes into the material. The reason you need to avoid doing this is because it weakens the structure of the material to a point where it won’t function properly.
3. Use Larger Pieces When Possible – Corrugated plastic sheets 4×8 is the most popular size to get as you can use this as a whole or cut it to the exact size that you need. A lot of people choose to piece things together but this will be more work for you and it doesn’t work as well.
When it comes to corrugated plastic sheets you must understand how they can benefit you. A lot of people assume that because they are plastic, they won’t last long; however, that is not the case. Corrugated plastic sheets are very durable and that is why you should get them for your roofing supplies and relevant projects.